Wednesday, January 4, 2017

This sauce will get you hooked

The one issue I come across with teriyaki sauce is it being too thin! Oh man that's one of my worst pet peeves. So when I found this thick,



mouthwatering sauce I just
had to share it with you!

Homemade teriyaki sauce:

Yield approx. 1 1/2 cups

Ingredients

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 cup water

1/2 TSP ground ginger

1/4 TSP garlic powder

5 TBS packed brown sugar

1-2 TBS honey

2 TBS cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

Directions:

Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and begin Heating, then in a separate bowl mix cornstarch and cold water till dissolved, and to saucepan, heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.

Side note:  add water to thin if you over thicken it.

I give this recipe a 4 out of 5 star rating, what did you guys think?



No comments:

Post a Comment